End of May (Music)

Here are a few recent releases I've been loving lately.  And reasons why.


1.  If I Don't See Ya-Brent Cobb.  Reminds me of summers on the lake when I was in my early twenties, speeding down the lake with a cooler full of beers and half the folks dancing while the other half sang songs or shouted or laughed.  And those are real good memories.

2.  Leave It Alone-Amanda Shires. This is a whole new sound for her but it also makes perfect sense. I love it.

3.  Just a Fool-Jim James.  In my new book, Southernmost (out 6/5), one of the main characters secretly thinks the voice of God must sound like Jim James.  I'm loving this new song of his.

4.  Sky Full of Song-Florence and the Machine.  Florence Welch's voice is just absolutely evocative and mournful and completely beautiful.  Hearing her makes me feel big feelings.

5.  3 Mélodies, Op. 7-Sheku Kanneh-Mason, Gabriel Fauré, and various Orchestra Members.  To me, the best part of the Royal Wedding was knowing about Sheku Kanne-Mason.  So much emotion in his playing.

6.  Lonely Weekend-Kacey Musgraves.  I love everything on her new album, and this one has well-used bongos.  I'm a sucker for well-used bongos.

7.  My Heart is Dead-Theo Katzman.  I love his Prince-like way of singing.  And the whole arrangement.

8.  To Rise You Gotta Fall-Nicki Bluhm is one of the most underrated singers out there. This new single is from her upcoming album.

9.  Hard On A Heart-Ashley Monroe.  This Glen Campbell influenced track is one of my favorites from Monroe's latest album, which I have on heavy rotation.

10.  Same Boat-Albin Lee Meldau.  Great vibe, especially for the summertime.

11.  All That Fear-Lucy Rose is one of my favorite singers and I'll pretty much listen to whatever she sings.  This is her latest.

12.  Feel it Still-Portugal the Man.  A perfect summer song with real substance.

13.  Such a Simple Thing.  Ray LaMontagne has one of the great modern male voices and his records always make me feel good.

14.  Kate McCannon-Colter Wall.  This Canadian folk-singer isn't to everyone's taste and his (great) drone of a singing voice is a lot to take for an entire album for one song at a time it's pretty great, and Very well written murder ballad.

15.  Fallingwater-Maggie Rogers.  Another great summer sound.

16.  Broke My Own-Shannon Shaw.  Early Adele meets Duffy meets something new and original, too.  Perfect amounts grit and nostalgia.

17.  Hands of Time-Kraal and Smaak featuring Alxndr London).  So many sounds, all of them interesting.

18.  Love That Makes a Cup of Tea-Gretchen Peters is one of my favorite singer/songwriters and this track from her brand new album doesn't disappoint.

Comments

alicethomas said…
Thanks a lot for sharing and I have some special things for you. If you are in free time, cool math wheely 4 will be a perfect choice we recommend to you. With nice graphic style, high-quality interface and smooth animation, this game don’t let you be disappointed for sure.
Beside, you can try finding games, it is an addictive game which receives much love from players over the world. Now, you can completely play this addicting fun game on your mobile. Have fun!!!!


Ryan said…
Just got my copy of Southernmost today! Are you familiar with the band Darlingside? Check out a song of theirs called The God of Loss. It's beautiful.
Adele said…


Has a guy ever given you mixed signals?

One minute he’s crazy about you and the next minute you have no clue if he ever wants to see you again?

And it’s especially hard when there’s something special between you and you have no idea what went wrong.

I assure you it’s nothing that you did.

In fact, he may even care about you a great deal and still not be able to stop himself from acting this way.

But why does this happen?

There’s one BIG reason why men do this...

And I discovered this eye opening video that will shed some light on this bizarre behaviour.

Insert subject line here and link it to: <=========> Your ex won’t be able to resist?

It all comes down to a missing “secret ingredient” that not one in a thousand women knows about...

And it’s the biggest factor that determines whether a man just “likes” you...

...or if he sees you as “The One.”

You see, this “secret ingredient” is so important to a man that no matter how attracted to you he is, or how strong your chemistry is...

If it’s missing, he’ll never be able to truly give his heart to you...

And he will always have an unshakeable urge to seek out a woman who has this one “secret ingredient.”

Here’s what I’m talking about: <=========> The difference between “like” and “love” (most women miss this)

On the other hand, when you know this powerful “secret ingredient”...

...you won’t believe how effortless, passionate and bulletproof your relationship can be.

Trust me, this is going to blow you away.

Discover it here: ==> Men fall in love with women who have this “secret ingredient”

Thanks again.

Popular posts from this blog

What I Read This Year

Favorite Books (Today)

The Matter Is You Don’t Know What You’re Talking About